- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/08/17/grow-a-pair-hire-fast-fire-fast/ Grow a Pair - Hire Fast, Fire Fast
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/08/11/25-paid-for-your-2-cents-would-our-gnv-tech-community-use-a-barter-space/ $25 Paid for Your 2 Cents: Would our GNV Tech Community Use a Barter Space?
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/08/08/the-gnv-calls-em-like-they-see-em-washington-post-sale-to-jeff-bezos/ The GNV Calls 'Em Like They See 'Em: Washington Post Sale to Jeff Bezos
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/08/04/bookkeping-and-beer-dont-mix-or-do-startups-have-a-professionalism-problem/ Bookkeeping and Beer Don’t Mix or Do Startups Have a Professionalism Problem?
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/08/01/how-innovation-square-is-quickly-becoming-the-east-coasts-tech-hub/ How Innovation Square is Quickly Becoming the East Coast's Tech Hub
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/07/27/gainesvilles-startup-community-needs-failures/ Gainesville's Startup Community Needs Failures
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/07/20/they-call-me-the-working-man-i-guess-thats-what-i-am-or-how-to-deal-with-people-who-say-you-work-too-much/ They Call Me The Working Man, I Guess That’s What I Am or How To Deal With People Who Say You Work Too Much
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/07/10/11-reasons-why-owning-your-business-is-a-revolution/ 11 Reasons Why Owning Your Business is a Revolution
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/07/02/whats-the-difference/ What's The Difference?
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/06/26/quick-and-easy-business-record-keeping-and-filing-tips/ Quick and Easy Business Record Keeping and Filing Tips
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/06/17/another-one-bites-the-dust-or-10-reasons-why-small-businesses-fail/ Another One Bites the Dust or 10 Reasons Why Small Businesses Fail
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/06/11/10-reasons-why-not-having-enough-money-helps-you/ 10 Reasons Why Not Having Enough Money Helps You
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/06/04/10-most-common-bookkeeping-mistakes-business-owners-make/ 10 Most Common Bookkeeping Mistakes Business Owners Make
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/05/29/get-serious-go-to-bootcamp/ Get Serious, Go To Bootcamp
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/05/20/how-to-correctly-use-paypal-for-your-business/ How to Correctly Use PayPal for Your Business
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/05/13/what-you-should-know-about-not-paying-interns/ What You Should Know About Not Paying Interns
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/05/07/do-you-believe-the-myths-or-the-realities/ Do You Believe The Myths or The Realities?
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/05/02/sid-martin-biotech-incubator-the-best-reason-to-drive-to-alachua-since-conestogas/ Sid Martin Biotech Incubator: The best reason to drive to Alachua since Conestoga's
- http://gainesvilletech.com/2013/04/29/what-you-need-to-know-about-foreign-contractors/ What You Need To Know About Foreign Contractors
Grow a Pair – Hire Fast, Fire Fast
Who needs to be fired from your startup? Say it out loud. If someone called you tomorrow saying they found another job and would not be in on Monday, who do you hope that would be? That’s your person. Fire them.
$25 Paid for Your 2 Cents: Would our GNV Tech Community Use a Barter Space?
I’m serious. I will pay $25 cash to two individuals who leave the best comments – one arguing against this idea and one supporting the idea. Either save me the time and aggravation or motivate me to move forward. I’d love to hear from everyone, but winners must live in and be a part of the GNV startup community.
The GNV Calls ‘Em Like They See ‘Em: Washington Post Sale to Jeff Bezos
This week, it was announced that The Washington Post Company was going to sell its flagship newspaper to Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos. We asked a few people in the GNV what they thought about this unusual turn of events. It’s important to mention that we polled several women in our community as well, but none of them responded with a quote.
Bookkeeping and Beer Don’t Mix or Do Startups Have a Professionalism Problem?
Recently I came across this Twitter post and picture from a firm that specializes in providing controller services to startups. I follow them because one of my clients used them in the past. This firm provided outsourced controller services while I provided outsourced bookkeeping services. I didn’t work with the poster or picture’s subject, but I worked directly with one of the firm’s partners. The post was made by the firm’s founder and the picture is of the firm’s Managing Partner. Notice the two beers on the desk.
How Innovation Square is Quickly Becoming the East Coast’s Tech Hub
This is a guest post by Josh Steppling of TriMark Properties Growth at Innovation Square is transpiring faster than the Gainesville community could have expected. Nearly a year after the technology community’s first building, the Florida Innovation Hub, Innovation Square has seen a myriad of new companies within its borders and has witnessed its start-up scene explode.
Gainesville’s Startup Community Needs Failures
fail be unsuccessful abort, back wrong horse, backslide, be defeated, be demoted, be found lacking, be in vain, be ruined, blunder, break down, come to naught, come to nothing, decline, deteriorate, fall, fall flat, fall short, fall through, fizzle, flop, flounder, fold, go astray, go down swinging, go down, go downhill, go up in smoke, go wrong, hit bottom, hit the skids, lose control, lose out, lose status, meet with disaster, miscarry, miss, miss the boat, play into, run aground, slip, turn out badly Are you involved in a startup? Statistically, you will fail.
They Call Me The Working Man, I Guess That’s What I Am or How To Deal With People Who Say You Work Too Much
I hate when people say this to me! It’s judgmental and makes absolutely no sense. What is “too much?” There’s a hidden message in their statement. Listen for the message and address that.
11 Reasons Why Owning Your Business is a Revolution
rev·o·lu·tion /ˌrevəˈlo͞oSHən/ a sudden, complete or marked change in something
What’s The Difference?
What’s the difference between a Balance Sheet and an Income Statement?
Quick and Easy Business Record Keeping and Filing Tips
Quick and Easy Business Record Keeping and Filing Tips